Here’s the start of conversations I have with myself when I’m considering eating junk or skipping a training session…
1. I won’t die of starvation if I don’t eat that ________ (fill in the blank).
2. Just get to the gym (or the track, pool, etc.) and if I don’t feel like doing it when I get there, I can leave.
3. If I don’t go to the gym today, it’s going to be even harder to get my ass there tomorrow.
4. How many hours in the gym (or running, or biking, or etc.) will it take to burn this off?
5. If I eat something substantial (lean protein with fruit or veg) then this junk food craving will almost definitely subside.
6. I feel lazy and tired now but a training session will energize and motivate me.
7. This isn’t going to taste as good as fitting into my clothes feels.
8. I don’t feel like flossing and brushing every night either but that’s what I need to do to have healthy teeth.
9. Am I really hungry or do I need to guzzle some H2O?
10. I don’t have to break any records, I just have to show up!